Detailed BHU PMT 2015 MBBS BDS Admission Advertisement
Also See: BHU PMT 2015 Step by Step Help for Filling Online Application
Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) which is in its 54th year of existence is the premier medical institution of this country. Over the last decade, it has been consistently ranked amongst the top 20 Medical Colleges of the country and in 2012 was rated as the 6th Best Medical Colleges. The Institute is a unique amalgamation of Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Ayurveda, Faculty of Dental Sciences and the College of Nursing all under one roof.
BHU Institute of Medical Sciences offers MBBS, MD/MS and DM/M.Ch courses in the Faculty of Medicine and BDS and MDS courses in the Faculty of Dental Sciences.
The 1200 bedded attached Sir Sunderlal Hospital is a tertiary care referral hospital providing clinical services to a huge 20 crore population residing in 5 adjoining States and Nepal. A new state of art 324 bedded Trauma Centre is also likely to be commissioned in the near future augmenting the patient care facilities. The Institute fraternity is striving hard to get AIIMS like status based on its clinical, teaching and research output. The Institute now invites applications for admission to various courses for the session 2015.
Admission to Undergraduate (MBBS/BDS) Courses – 2015 in IMS BHU
The candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS Course 2015 in the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU must register themselves online in the prescribed application form available on the BHU website (www.bhu.ac.in/ims) along with the processing fee.
However, the admission will be done on the basis of their merit in the AIPMT – 2015 Examination. The fee for registration to UG Courses will be Rs.1000/- for General and OBC candidates and Rs.600/- for PC, SC & ST candidates.
BHU PMT 2015 for MBBS BDS Admission Latest Notices
All candidates eligible for AIPMT – 2015 are eligible for registering themselves irrespective of their State of domicile.
The applications uploaded after the last date on any account will not be registered. The candidates who have registered for admission to MBBS/BDS course 2015 must submit their score card of AIPMT 2015 within 15 days after declaration of their results to the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Tentative counselling for admission to UG Courses (MBBS/BDS) will be held on July, 2015. Individual letters to the successful candidates based on their rank in the AIPMT 2015 will be sent by Registered post/Speed Post giving the exact date of counselling. The candidates are advised to check the BHU/IMS website from time to time for updates.
MBBS Seat Distribution:
For 15% seats of total 84 MBBS seats i.e. 13 seats, candidates would be admitted through All India Quota (for central counselling) and the remaining 85% i.e. 71 seats will be filled up through IMS, BHU counselling. The distribution of the 71 seats amongst the different categories is as follows:
General – 36, OBC – 19, SC-11 & ST – 05 Total – 71 seats
2 seats – 3% reservation of PC candidates will be given horizontally as per Government of India norms.
BHU MBBS 2015
BDS Seats Distribution
Of total 50 BDS seats to be filled up through IMS BHU counselling, the distribution of the
seats amongst the different categories is as follows:
General – 25, OBC – 13, SC – 08 & ST – 04 = Total – 50 seats
1 Seat – 3% reservation of PC candidates will be given horizontally as per Government of India norms.
Those students who have not got registered with the Director, IMS,BHU will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses 2015 through IMS, BHU Counselling. However, mere registration does not guarantee admission to MBBS/BDS courses 2015.