MCI approves 1,110 more MBBS seats for colleges in north India
New M.B.B.S seats in Punjab for session 2015-2016
MCI allow more MBBS seats in Chandigarh, Haryana, J&K, HP
Good News for aspiring doctors in the north India, the Medical Council of India (MCI) has allowed regional medical colleges to increase 1,110 MBBS seats from the current academic session 2015-2016.
MCI approves 1110 new MBBS seats in North India based medical colleges
The decision will directly benefit medical aspirants in Punjab, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh.
Below given in a state wise breakup as follows
- Punjab will be able to add 325 New MBBS seats.
- Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar, has been allowed to admit 150 students.
- Guru Ram Das Medical College, Amritsar 50 new MBBS seats
- Government medical colleges in Patiala and Faridkot have been allowed to increase 50 MBBS seats each.
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, will get 25 additional seats
With fresh additions, the total number of MBBS seats in Punjab has reached 995.
Haryana will get 350 new MBBS seats to its existing number.
While 3 medical colleges are-
- Shaheed Hasan Khan Mewati Government Medical College, Nalhar, New 100 MBBS Seats
- BPS Government Medical College for Women, Sonepat – 100 new MBBS Seats
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Gurgaon – have been allowed to add 100 new MBBS seats
- Pt BD Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, will be able to admit 50 more MBBS students.
In Jammu And Kashmir (J&K) 3 medical colleges as follows get fresh MBBS Seats – New MBBS Seats
- Sher-I Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, add 50 New MBBS Seats
- Government Medical College, Jammu 50 new medical seats for MBBS
- Government Medical College, Srinagar – allowed to add 50 seats
Similarly, 2 government medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh will be able to admit 85 more students for ession 2015-2016.
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, has been allowed to admit 35 more students,
- Dr Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College, Tanda, has gone up by 50
Another private medical college Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College & Hospital, Solan, has been allowed to admit 150 MBBS students. The total number of MBBS seats in the state has now reach to 350.
Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector-32 (GMCH-32), Chandigarh, has been allowed to increase its seat strength by 50. After the first inspection, the MCI had allowed the college to admit only 50 students instead of 100.